Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have trawled through a lot of threads to see if anyone has had similar problem to mine to no avail. A LOT APPEAR TO HAVE SYMPTOMS OPPOSITE TO MINE IN FACT:confused::confused: Well here goes my lag11 1.9dci blew turbo, which I changed. Car starts 1st go idles perfect, go to drive off and there is a lack of power for 1st couple of mins then injection light comes on and car takes off like a rocket:d with a puff of black smoke i might add .It drives fine and mpg is 50+. I have cleaned the egr, changed the map sensor and maf sensor ,swopped a boost solenoid to see if it was this but no luck. Im now very confused as to what it might be ... any ideas?? appreciate any advice given and very thankfull

·
Administrator
14,790 Posts
Not sure if I'm just thinking too simply but if you turbo blew it may have pushed some oil and soot into the injectors. My dad's car was lacking power when he accelerated although his turbo is fine:p but I put some injector cleaner in the fuel and it now seems to be running fine! :) Maybe something to try and if it doesnt help it may be something more serious! :eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Heather,
Thanks for the advice. I already have added redex to the fuel to see if it would improve but to no avail. :( Its as if there is a blockage that clears itself and whats more confusing is the injector light is on when its running well with plenty of power. My old lag 1 never gave this sort of bother:mad: Anyway thanks again

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
Two things to try,firstly make 100% sure that the small pipes that run to the turbo boost sensor,turbo wastegate controller and actually to the wastegate are clear and free from carbon.

Also,disconnect the MAF and see if that makes any differences.I know you say you have replaced the MAF but it's worth just checking to see what the car does with it disconnected.

Also,have you had the fault codes read at all or the live data from the ECU checked?.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Two things to try,firstly make 100% sure that the small pipes that run to the turbo boost sensor,turbo wastegate controller and actually to the wastegate are clear and free from carbon.

Also,disconnect the MAF and see if that makes any differences.I know you say you have replaced the MAF but it's worth just checking to see what the car does with it disconnected.

Also,have you had the fault codes read at all or the live data from the ECU checked?.
Hi My Scenic 1.9 DCi has similar symptoms, I thought about disconnecting the maf plug but will that make the engine management light come on? and if so will it reset itself when reconnected
Thanks
neil

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for the info. Lagdti I didnt get codes read yet, will do if no solution soon:confused: Is there any values I can get using a multimeter to check the various valves and solenoids ? Give me the dti anytime.... really getting cheesed off with the dci nothing but bother :d Appreciate all your inputs and will keep you informed of progress made or not:d

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.