Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a Laguna 2003 2.2 Diesel Turbo.

The turbo failed and an injector was leaking, it has been replaced with a brand new turbo and the injector seals have been replaced.

The garage said that it will smoke (white) for a while because there is oil in the exhaust from when it failed and I drove it 1 mile to the garage while faulty.

It seems to smoke intermittently and sometimes small oil drops out of the exhaust but the drive is perfect.

The garage said that once all the oil has come out / burnt off in the exhaust it will be fine. Does this sound right?

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

In all honesty they should have road tested the car for long enough to get rid of all the oil in the exhaust system,but yes what they say is right if they didn't bother.

How far have you been so far?.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply :)

To be honest I needed it back ASAP as I had been without it for a week so had to have it for work so might have rushed them, they did road test it but not too far.

I have done about 40 miles (about 30 on a motorway at about 80) so far and it isn't as bad as when I first picked it up but still slight bits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.