Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Is it me or has any else worried about turning corners in a renault megane scenic ther seems to be a lot of movement in the body when turning corners i feel as though i am going to tip , or do you think it might be because of the height if the scenic as i used to drive a ford scorpio which are low to the ground. It was the first time i have really drove it properly last night and it has really put me off the car my husband feels the same that is why i am thinking is it us being used to the other car or is there to much movement .I am seriously thinking of getting shut but our 5 year old daughter loves it..

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
They can be a bit 'soft',but that adds to the ride comfort.

I'd have it checked over to make sure everythings as it should be,and if it is then drive it for a couple of weeks and see if you get used to it.If not,then you'll have to think about getting something else,but I suspect that most cars in the same class as the Scenic would be similar to drive.

Something else you could do is go to a dealer and test drive another Scenic to see if that one behaves in the same manor.I don't know if the Scenics are available in a 'Sport Spec' but my new Laguna is far stiffer suspension wise than my old standard dTi was.The bigger wheels and lower profile tyres will make some difference,but my new one isn't half as comfortable as the old one,but is obviously far more responsive when changing direction.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
corners

Thanks for that .Hi ladgti its me the problem of the drive shaft as well i am thinking i am going to get shut it seems to be one thing after another i paid nearly £300 pound to get it through its mot on friday and now this i am afraid i will just be throwing money away . I was stupid to buy a car with no m.o.t. or tax so went and got the tax and m.o.t. done and now this. I think no i know i have bought a real duffer. Thanks for your help......:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Everytime you buy a second hand car it's gamble,sometimes it pays off,other times it goes horribly wrong.Even I've made mistakes before,and I'm supposed to know what I'm doing!.:rolleyes:

At least now the car is worth more than you paid for it due to having an MOT and tax on it,so hopefully you won't lose out too much.I'd be tempted to get the driveshaft knock sorted out,then sell/trade it for something else.We have Scenic owners on the forum that love their cars,but they're not for everyone.I don't personally like them that much for the same reason as you.I think my Laguna estate is more practical and drives much nicer than a comparative Scenic,and my Lag was much,much cheaper to buy in the first place.;)

Good luck and let us know what you decide and how it goes.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts