Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But i have changed it a month a go i mean the solenoid and yesterday its was running normally but when it reached its temperature of the car it suddenly shutdown and after that i turn the car normally but once i connect it it turns off

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,465 Posts
How did you find out it was the solenoid

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Not sure, but you could try measuring the resistances, i.e. disconnect, put an ohmmeter across between the terminal on the top of the solenoid, to earth, and then from the (disconnected) wire to earth, and see if either of those is zero.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,912 Posts
Could I also ask what you mean by "turns off" or "shutdown" ?

Total electrical failure?
Engine stops but electrics seems okay?
Lost power?
Misfires leading to a stall?
Or what?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Car shutdown and the engine turns off to note that i have tried something when it is disconnected the battery lasts normal but i tried to connect the solenoid and left it connected and the next day the battery was totally drained so could it be the solenoid or the wire??

·
Premium Member
Grand Scenic 1.6 2007
6,411 Posts
Have a read of this. There are many more like it here.

·
Technical Supremo.
Scenic II, 2004, K4MW761, DPO
7,432 Posts
There have been many reports here of that solenoid draining the battery after engine switch-off .....................

Guaranteed the issue is NOT the solenoid (for this problem of draining the battery anyway).

You need to attack this thing methodically - the ECU needs a firmware/software update - this is most often the correct answer - the ECU drives the solenoid and supplies power to it and is also supposed to remove power from the solenoid after engine switch-off.

I would not do anything else until you have the ECU running on the latest software.

Once that is done and the solenoid can no longer drain the battery, one can investigate further re the stalling thing - I suspect that will also be cured at the same time

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There have been many reports here of that solenoid draining the battery after engine switch-off .....................

Guaranteed the issue is NOT the solenoid (for this problem of draining the battery anyway).

You need to attack this thing methodically - the ECU needs a firmware/software update - this is most often the correct answer - the ECU drives the solenoid and supplies power to it and is also supposed to remove power from the solenoid after engine switch-off.

I would not do anything else until you have the ECU running on the latest software.

Once that is done and the solenoid can no longer drain the battery, one can investigate further re the stalling thing - I suspect that will also be cured at the same time
How should i know if there is an update for the ecu because i asked many garage and said that they don't have an update

·
Technical Supremo.
Scenic II, 2004, K4MW761, DPO
7,432 Posts
How should i know if there is an update for the ecu because i asked many garage and said that they don't have an update
Unless you have a Renault Clip or equivalent scanner that can also do software updates you will never know - its not information freely available to the user (even to me and I can help myself most the time).

It works like this:

You plug the CLIP into the car and ask IT to check for updates - either offline (DVD) or online (with a subscription) - it will be offered to you if one exists.

I would ask the garage to show you where an online version is saying there is no update for the injection computer available.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts