Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How good is that,
Just had a reminder that my Tv license has expired..

TV Licensing logo
Oops! Something went wrong with your payment.

Dear Client

Just to let you know, we were unable to automatically renew your TV License.

This may have been caused by a lack of information we may currently hold.

Keeping up with your payments is important, as we may be forced to cancel your licence or pass your details to a debt collection agency.

Making a payment is easy - just follow the steps below to update your payment details:

Dead easy to do, just give them my pin code, my sort code .. in fact I filled everything in

First initial M, last name Ug..

Email address, [email protected]

Great way to spend 3 minutes screwing with these barstewards

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,390 Posts
most of the ones i get i dont evan see thay go direct into the rubbish bin , i look in there once in a while just in case i miss an email , just lately its been phone calls i love wasting there time :grin2:

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
21,729 Posts
How good is that,
Just had a reminder that my Tv license has expired..

TV Licensing logo
Oops! Something went wrong with your payment.

Dear Client

Just to let you know, we were unable to automatically renew your TV License.

This may have been caused by a lack of information we may currently hold.

Keeping up with your payments is important, as we may be forced to cancel your licence or pass your details to a debt collection agency.

Making a payment is easy - just follow the steps below to update your payment details:

Dead easy to do, just give them my pin code, my sort code .. in fact I filled everything in

First initial M, last name Ug..

Email address, [email protected]

Great way to spend 3 minutes screwing with these barstewards
Sooo All sorted then!:wink2:

·
Premium Member
6,550 Posts
LOL

these people are a menace

I get one nearly every month saying there is a problem with my 'Virgin Media payment'
have to have a laugh it always come just a day after I've checked my bank statement and checked it.

What BS.......... do these people think we're stupid ?

Al

·
6,390 Posts
we had a guy ring from the bank about our ppi claim 2 days ago so we just told him the info he needs is not available at the moment, no problem he would call back next day at around 5.30, next day i rang the number from the letter we got and sure enough he was genuine but it just goes to show no matter who it is now if they ring me they get nothing , when he rang back he got the info he asked for he then asked for sorting code etc for any payments to go direct to our account again a big no that was fine he said if your claim is successful ring the number on the letter and give the bank the info

its not good when you cant trust anyone anymore

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They will try anything .. But someone will fall for it .

No deterrent when caught, if ever, just go pick some litter up..

Surely we could make an Island about 4 miles off shore, Throw all the scumbags on there, give them enough food to last a couple of months, even tools, make them become self sufficient , .

Have our navy positioned around, anyone who tries to escape, gets shot.

That will also help sustain the fishes , and our Navy will not have to go on exercise, as they can use the Island for testing purposes..

That would keep the scumbags on their toes ..

Just my personal thoughts on the matter..
Might not be harsh enough.. But we could always start a breeding ground around the Island for Sharks,
Two birds with one stone :wink2:

·
Premium Member
3,568 Posts
LOL

these people are a menace

I get one nearly every month saying there is a problem with my 'Virgin Media payment'
have to have a laugh it always come just a day after I've checked my bank statement and checked it.

What BS.......... do these people think we're stupid ?

Al

Emmm........... Yes.
The fact they keep coming is proof enough. There is one born every minute.

·
9,165 Posts
Surely we could make an Island about 4 miles off shore, Throw all the scumbags on there, give them enough food to last a couple of months, even tools, make them become self sufficient
We've plenty around the UK coast already. Only snag is those crims will shout Human Rights and our stoopid government will give them access to PC's and broadband so we're back to square one :nerd:

I report every single phishing email to Microsoft but I would be interested to know what kind of follow up actions they take (if any). I'm trying to do my bit to help the cause anyway.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,019 Posts
......I report every single phishing email to Microsoft but I would be interested to know what kind of follow up actions they take (if any). I'm trying to do my bit to help the cause anyway.
Anything like Amazon.... sweet fanny adams.
Month or so ago, 'ErIndoors got a couple of items (3) that she hadn't ordered.
We found someone had hacked account and ordered some items, which they then use the sales to boost feedback (no idea how they do that)
We reported to Amazon and changed all passwords on everything, got refunds and a promise that Amazons fraud team would look into it.
First thing them bu55ers did was cancel passwords and all the extra security I'd set up. :crying2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts