Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Renault Twingo dynamique, '15 plate, 45k miles.

Recently i noticed a knocking noise coming from the front when driving at lower speeds (under 30ish) over uneven road surfaces. The noise is most prominent between 5-25mph over slightly uneven road surfaces, like where theres been potholes filled in or different types of tarmac, and over grates etc. It makes the noise going over speed bumps and holes in the road as well.
I'm assuming it is either track rod ends, ball joints, or sway bar. Turned the wheels full lock and gave em a jiggle and I cant see any damage or wear without either jacking it up or taking off the wheels.
Booked in at renault in a few days, but really im hoping that whatever it is is covered by warranty, only had the car a month :crying2:
p.s, my commute to work is no exaggeration 50% speedbumps, will this exacerbate the issue too much, as i reckon once it's diagnosed Monday, it will be a few days after for it being fixed...

TIA!

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,703 Posts
For the life of me could not remember what they are called on Here Phil.
I know them as anti roll bar links..
Some garages call them sway arm links..
Thanks for the reminder,,

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the same issue for the last day or two, even when parked.
And i have a significant bang when I move the steering left and right, when stationary.

Its on a 08 Clio campus, and I finally narrowed it down to a broken spring on the drivers side,
noticeble from the engine bay with the top of the shock jumping and moving all over the shop
when the steering is moved.
I found a coil broken off the bottom of the spring.

And when I look on the net for a new replacement, I cant seem to find the proper one for a 08.
Might be worth inspecting for you.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,703 Posts
If original on yours, you will see colours on the spring, note these colours down, Aftermarket wont give this choice Renault though twice as much, they will give you the correct coil spring. Not so much an issue if changing both, and made by the same company
Try Clio mk 3 coil spring , will find your coil springs, two for front 30£ .., something like 24£ for two Rear.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I went with the KYB shocks. But despite having the manual, no good advice in it at all
on the correct orientation for the springs. And as the openings are so close, its easy to
put them the wrong way up.

And i searched high and low on the web, but nothing. Hopefully the one i fitted is right.

Did the op manage to find his problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts