Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all you experts out there:)
Time to change the yres on my Galactica, Grand Espace lV 2.2DCi; the original Michelins cost the equivalent of about £180 each, but I have been offered Semperit or Continental at my local dealer for half that price. Questions::eek: are either of these suitable for my car? and as I have TPM, can the valves be transferred to the new tyres, as I cannot interchange the wheels? Expert knowledge or experience appreciated.
:d Graham (Berushka)

O

·
0 Posts
Graham

I put 2 Kumho ECSTA STX tyres on the front of my Grand Espace following recommendation from the tyre dealer I've used for years, they cost about £90 each but you may find them cheaper. Whilst being a budget brand price they are not a budget brand if you follow me!

The Ecsta STX have an SUV rating in the states which put my mind at rest for the extra load in the Espace.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
As long as you tell the tyre fitters before hand, most of them are quite used to dealing with the TPM system. The sensors themselves are fitted to the wheels. As long as they leave that in place you should be ok.

I have had 4 new tyres within the last 6 mths and no problems with the sensors.

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
As above tyre sensors should not be a problem but watch the tyre fitter, make sure the wheels go back where they came from.

I fitted these tyres to my Lag 11 Sports tourer, made by Continental, sold at National tyres for £90.00 but if you get them through this site they are fully fitted by National tyres for £69.00.

Click below,

Tyre Details

1 - 5 of 5 Posts