Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased some tyres for the Laguna ( 2nd hand, with lots of tread, as they are bl00dy expensive ) the problem is, the ones i got are a 91W, and i believe they need to be 94W... will these still be ok ?? i'll be gutted if not!! although a guy who works with me used to run a tyre & exhaust company, and he reckons i should be fine.

Thanks
Lee

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Racing - sorry don't know if the ratings you mention will be acceptable - but remember if the correct tyres are not fitted it may invalidate your insurance - in other words if they are wrong and you have an accident the insurers can quite legally refuse to pay out and in that instance all us other poor honest motorists are forced to contribute to any third party claims. Why not just phone a decent tyre company and ask for their advice. Many tyre companies will not fit second hand tyres for legal reasons. I recently had 2 new front tyres fitted to my Laguna II for £85 all in - in my opinion I don't think the cost was prohibitive especially when I consider the safety of myself, family and other road users.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts