Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've read all the big threads but haven't noticed a problem quite like mine...

'04 Laguna II Privilege

I was driving along the motorway a couple of months back, it was rainy but not puddles-on-the-road rainy. All of a sudden I got the tyre pressure "Sensor Fault" message appear on the screen, with all of my tyres disappeared.
I had a quick look in the rear mirror to see if I could see the receiver bouncing along the road, but didn't. When I stopped, I had a look under the car, and it seemed intact.

A week or two later, the tyres started re-appearing one-by-one over the space of a few mins. I thought the receiver must have gotten wet or something, and that was it now drying out. Happy days.

A couple of days later, though, I was on the motorway again and the same thing happened.
I thought I'd be smart and unplug the fuse for the UCH, this kinda reset it... when I started again, all 4 tyres appeared, and I got a message "Tyre Pressure OK"... now this is different from what I usually get, it usually shows all 4 tyres and the pressure for each one. This message doesn't say the pressure for each tyre, and the "Tyre Pressure OK" bit is new as well.
This was fine until I restarted the car again, and it's gone back to "Sensor Fault".

I tried over-inflating the tyres to 40 psi, then letting them down again yesterday, still got "Sensor Fault" and no tyres. Removed the UCH fuse again, same thing.
This morning I started up and one tyre appears, the other 3 missing and "Sensor Fault" displayed.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it? I'd rather not pay the Renault dealer 80 quid for 5 mins work resetting it!

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Have you checked the contacts in the connector plug going to the receiver unit.

It could be water got in causing a short then the damp contacts have now become corroded - just a thought.:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you checked the contacts in the connector plug going to the receiver unit.

It could be water got in causing a short then the damp contacts have now become corroded - just a thought.:)
Ah, I would, unfortunately I don't have any way to jack the car up... looks like I might have to buy some ramps :crazy:

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Ah, I would, unfortunately I don't have any way to jack the car up... looks like I might have to buy some ramps :crazy:
I seem to remember that the wires from the receiver go backwards to a connector block mounted behind the rear nearside wheel arch liner. I'll try to do some research. Really does sound like a problem with the receiver.

The reason the tyres come back slowly is that the tps sensors only transmit once every 15 minutes when stationary.

Ian

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
I seem to remember that the wires from the receiver go backwards to a connector block mounted behind the rear nearside wheel arch liner. I'll try to do some research. Really does sound like a problem with the receiver.

The reason the tyres come back slowly is that the tps sensors only transmit once every 15 minutes when stationary.

Ian
Yes I was right. The wiring from the tps receiver goes to a 3 way connector located in the rear nearside wheel arch and then through a grommet in the arch onto the main UCH loom.

Ian

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I was right. The wiring from the tps receiver goes to a 3 way connector located in the rear nearside wheel arch and then through a grommet in the arch onto the main UCH loom.

Ian
Do you think I should take the back wheel off and check the connector there, or is the receiver end likely to be where the fault is?

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Do you think I should take the back wheel off and check the connector there, or is the receiver end likely to be where the fault is?
Could be either. I have never had a fault with this system myself.

Rather than getting a new receiver it's worth checking this connector block in the wheel arch first. I can remember other forum members having trouble there. Remember that you may have to wait 15 minutes for tps to transmit so don't expect it to suddenly start working.

Ian

L

·
0 Posts
I think the best option is to get it disabled, both my Lag's had it disabled, think renault charge £30 to do it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
please du u harve the diagram of to tps receiver goes to a 3 way connector?

for renault laguna 11, thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts