Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi anybody help,i have put a new set of alloys on my laguna2,want to turn the tyre sensor off,is this possible,

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Why turn the TPM off? ... Its a safety device ... why not just transfer them to your new alloys?

some penetrating fluid (WD40 etc) and carefully move them from one wheel to another, keeping the orentation correct, as not to upset the monitoring computer.

Hope it helps

·
Administrator
21,710 Posts
Hi Jammy,

I have had my tyre senors turned off on my car. (I decided that I wasnt going to give the renault stealers £180 for 2 new sensors and reprogramming), not after spending £170 on two new tyres ! :steam:

Anyways, I rang round a few dealers and managed to find one that would do it, and as luck would have it, they were a mile up the road from where I live. They charged me £35 (half hours labour cost) to turn off the TPM on the car - and its as if the car never had sensors in the first place.

Money well spent in my view - I never had the system on my old lag, and will know when I have a puncture - the car will drive funny !!!

Oh the dealer that did it for me was Sunwin motors in Ilkeston, Derbyshire :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts