Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left my Laguna II unused for 3-4 days but started it on numerous occasions - went out today and the service light is on, the flat wheel symbol is flashing and the dashboard diagram of the car shows both rear wheels flashing - as far as I can tell both rear wheels are OK for pressure. Any ideas.:)

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi Noel, early LagunaII's have very tight tolerances, so it may be that they have dropped only a pound or so, later ones (2005 model year) had a much wider tolerance 3-5lbs so do not fault as easily ... you can get the tolerances reset/adjusted by a dealer ... assuming you dont actually have a problem.

Hope it helps:)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Truckbus for your quick response - Im going to get a decent tyre guage as it's possible my current one is not accurate - I just thought it very strange that it happened with both rear wheels at the same time - although it's possible I could have two slow punctures. Is it likely the warning come on if its if it's a hot day and will it warn if the pressures are too high.:)

·
2,311 Posts
Mmmm didnt think so, I thought the high pressure only came on if the car was moving, and it was actually indicating the the tyre was overheating, therefore an increase in pressure (usually before a blowout i'd guess.)
Thats the way I remember it from the Espace, I'd doubt the Laguna II is very different.

:)

D

·
0 Posts
my old Lag II (51 plate) would do the same thing,if it was literaly 1 lb out on any pair of wheels and the warning would show its little face to taunt me.
pop along to the garage and adjust the pressures and off it should go.
I used to check the tyre pressures once a week at least.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All sorted - went and bought a new pressure gauge and found all tyres over pressure
NSF 36 psi
OSF 40 psi
NSR 40 psi
OSR 34 psi
Let them down to 30 in the back and 32 front all warning lights have disappeared - her's hoping it's fixed.:)
P.S. Thanks guys for all your kind assistance.

·
2,311 Posts
Noel, missed opertunity ..... no jokes about why we're all full of hot air?

:d

·
Registered
87 Posts
Laguna 1.9dci. Had service done yesterday, fuel and air filters and oil change and oil filter. When finished I turned the car over and it wouldn't start, after draining nearly all the life out of the car batterie I realized I never pumped the air out of the fuel filter. Pumped the air out and bingo it started. Then I reset the service miles back to 18,000 miles. Then the service light and the flat tyre symbol started flashing on the dashboard, also 2-wheels started flashing on the car symbol on the dashboard and the other 2-wheels have completely gone. I have tried setting all the tyre pressures to 32-psi on front and 30-psi on the back but still no good. Any help or ideas to why this has happened or simply how to sort it out, I would appreciate any help.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Try inflating a tyre to aropund 40 psi - then deflate ot 20 psi and then re-inflate to normal pressure - sometimes this forces the tyre sensor into sending a signal to the TPMS receiver.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi, thanks for reply. I have just got back from my mates garage. I put the diagnostic box on and reset all all TPMS codes, all sorted, the service light went off and my 2 x wheels on dashboard stopped flashing and the other 2 x wheels came back on, sorted, even the flat tyre symbol went off. I then drove home, as soon as I got up the road the stop light came on and the service light, the flat tyre symbol came back on and this time just one wheel was flashing on the dashboard. I took it back to mates garage and plugged the diagnostic box back on and reset everything again, sorted. I drove up the road and again the flat tyre symbol, the service light and stop light came on, this time the other 3 x wheels started flashing and the 1 x wheel that was flashing has stopped flashing. I am lost now to say the least, has anybody got any ideas to what has happened to my Laguna, any help and ideas are much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The reciever for the tyre sensors is under the car. About half way along clipped to the underbody on the left side in front of the left rear wheel. A plastic box with a multi-connector wirng block.

No gaurantee that's your problem though.

Most people nowadays opt for having the system de-activated rather than spend £40 a wheel plus programming, etc. As long as the car was registered before January 2012 tyre pressure warning lights are not an MOT failure.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi, I got under my Laguna today to check the receiver unit and the wiring but everything looks ok and clean of any corrosion. Have you or anybody else got any more troubleshooting ideas? Any help is appreciated. I'm starting to consider selling my car if I don't get this sorted. In all the years that I have had my Laguna most of my money has gone on these tyre sensors and diagnostic checks because of these pressure sensors. HELP PLEASE.......

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It may be cheaper to have the system disabled. My renault dealer charges around £40 but if you can get someone with Can-clip it may be less.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'd love to get the fault sorted and then have them switched off. My car is in Renault Lookers now. I must be crazy. £50 just to look at it for 1/2 an hour. I will post there findings and prices once finished in this joke shop of a garage.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just pulled the lad who is fixing my Laguna. They have had it over an hour now and they still haven't found the fault. Wheel symbols are still flashing and service light is still on and the flat tyre symbol is still flashing. Told you it was a joke shop garage.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Maybe just disabling the system would be quicker and cheaper.

Sounds like now the garage have got you in they are determined to fleece you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts