Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi iam sure someone will help you soon if you look on the side of the side wall on the tyre it will tell the inflation that the tyre company that made them but might not be the same as the cars manufactures guide i hope this helps Donald.

·
Registered
18 Posts
On my hatchback the handbook say 39 psi on the front and 32 on the back. 39 psi sounds alot too me!
I had mine replaced when i bought the car from the main dealer (apparently the original alloys were buckled?) and the main dealer set front and back to 33.

Probably best to check with your local tyre retailer

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
39psi:eek: i have a 2002 sport tourer on 17's and my handbook states 2.2 bar at front and 2.0bar at rear
which i think is about 32psi and 29 psi but i stand corrected

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
the correct pressure is 32 fornt 34 rear or 34 front and 36 rear at speed or load
i did say i stand corrected:) since looking in my hand book,it actually states 29psi front and rear. as long as your presures are within these regions you should be okay,but i would defianatly not use 39psi

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
ive just noticed,which you didnt say in your post,that it is a 1.9dci.my book says 32psi front and 30 psi rear.

over to you JUNIOR1910 :)

regards
nigel

·
Registered
6 Posts
For mine, the 2.0 dCi it says:

non-motorway use
Front - 33
Rear - 30

motorway use
Front - 39
Rear - 32

I do between aorund 600 miles a week, a good proportion on the m-way. The dealer sent the car out at 39 psi on one side and 36 on the other so Ive just dropped the other to 36 psi. I'd like abit more give in the tyre to be honest but Im on a milage allowence so want to maximise economy.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
i think that is probably the best bet lol
do you not have the pressure sensors?altough they dont tell you what the pressure should be,they do let you know if the pressure is wrong

regards
nigel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts