Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am told that the steering is electric assist, so When Driving its as if the steering needs to be jerked back to bring it back in line and feels as if the joints are stiff, Its not smooth as in all cars That I have Driven, There is enough fluid in the Jar so wondered if the electric system is at fault and would need to be replaced, Any help would be Appreciated,
Bryan

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,781 Posts
Check tyres.
Check steering joints for any play or stiffness
Check Steering column Universal Joint(s)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wheels seam to turn by hand L to R- R to Left when off the ground no movement in the joints When engine is running the S/W Turns freely in both directions with no engine the steering is Notchy but not harsh, will be in touch again when i go out again, Have put some M/C lube on both of the anti roll bars, the ones that are top to bottom on each of the wishbones, Think this is what there called,
B

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put some M/C chain lube on the stabilizer bar ends and it seemed to make a difference so I will now replace these,at 6.76 euros each and hope this will be the cure, will post again if it does cure It ,
Bryan
Thanks for the suggestions

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still no Joy Was good first Drive !8km, On return the steering went back to being jerky again, Was fine when I tested it on the jacks as On the 22nd above, Did replace the Stabilisers, 37e including p&p Non Renault ones, Renault were Alloy made in Japan and mega bucks So i still think it coud be the Steering electro assist unit at fault , Also there is a pause when going to over take which i think is the ECU unit , but its the steering i need to solve, Thanks for any help given. Bryan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts