Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay all.

I have purchased a new Kenwood MP3 player for my lag II, and removed old one, it plugs right in, but wont turn on.

There is power to it (eject works) but no lights on it.

So, checked with meter with key in ignotion and out of the 7 wires on the iso connecto, disguarding the ground and perm live, there is nothing on any of the other wires?

Anyone know what wire the acc is so I can hook it up, as currently its wired to the perm so the stereo works.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not sure which wire it is but think I have read on here that there is a fuse hidden under the ash tray which supllies the radio. Maybe worth taking ashtray out to have a look.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I knew about that and checked it, its a 20a fuze, but thats working fine, from memory if it goes you lose other functions as well as the stereo.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I had this before but lost it, thanks for reminding me about it, however my problem may be a little bigger.

lol, I figured that was the correct location for the ACC, remembering the document you sent me, problem is this.

1. Should the ACC have 12v live when the card is in the slot or when I start the engine?

It does not seem to have 12V on it with either of the above so I kinda need to figure out what has blown that is directly linked to the acc of the head unit, lol.

Failing that, could I take the feed for ACC from the cig lighter in the dash?

That being possible, how does one actually remove the cig lighter since I cant actually get my hand into the hole where the ashtray is

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi. On my wife's laguna the radio will come on when the card is inserted into the first position in the slot. You do not have to go to the ignition position. Also at this position the electric windows will operate. Do you think you may have a problem with the microswitch that's in the card reader?

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are multiple positions for the card?????

I thought it was simply either in or not in. Can you explain that side for me.

Ill do some further checking later today, while the tour d france runs by my estate, lol.

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
There are multiple positions for the card?????

I thought it was simply either in or not in. Can you explain that side for me.

Ill do some further checking later today, while the tour d france runs by my estate, lol.
Enjoy yhe Tour, I have just put a couple of pics from the prologue in the gallery

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi. Yes when you insert the card it goes so far and you can feel a slight resistance as you push. At this point the clock illuminates and the radio comes on. I would say it is when the card is about 3/4 of the way in. The electric windows will operate and from memory I think the heater fan works aswell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts