Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a small connector onto the negative battery terminal. How do I disconnect it and where do the wires go? I assume I need to unclip it by pushing down the centre prong which should lift the hidden hook. It didn't work. Was I doing it wrong? Job done for now but it might be easier in the future if I could remove it.

2015 Scenic 1.5 diesel DSC05668-edited-3.jpg

·
Premium Member
Clio Mk IV 1.5 dCi MediaNav S/S 2013
921 Posts
It’s for the battery monitor. Like my Clio it has Stop/Start.

You just push down the top ’tang’ and gently pull the connector plug out. Don’t pull it by the wires though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s for the battery monitor. Like my Clio it has Stop/Start.

You just push down the top ’tang’ and gently pull the connector plug out. Don’t pull it by the wires though.
Thanks. I was doing it right. Next time I need to do it I'll have the confidence to try a little harder!

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,116 Posts
Often with them, you need to push in the whole connector to release tension on the tab...then it releases more easily.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Just out of curiosity anyone know what's inside the mysterious black block next to the connector? (a very low value resistor perhaps?)
Why do you need to remove the connector at all?
....late edit I just read this, so perhaps you do need to disconnect it although I don't understand why that might be.
Does it prevent access to the clamp nut? (It's hard to see from the photo what the clearance is for a spanner or socket)

·
Premium Member
Clio Mk IV 1.5 dCi MediaNav S/S 2013
921 Posts
As far as I know it’s a resistor So the BMS can monitor the voltage drop across it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts