Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Can anyone help, my wife has just put £30 worth of unleaded in our Espace 2.2 Dci diesel! It hasn't been started, the car has been towed home - can I get away with just draining it and filling it back up with diesel - does anyone know if this will cause any problems? and what's the best way to drain it? through the filler cap or is there a drain plug on the petrol tank?

Cheers for any help or advice

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
it may be a good idea to syphon out what you can,also clamp the fuel pipe to the engine as close to the tank as poss.i am not sure if there is a drain plug on the tank,if not ,remove the tank and completly drain,then refit and fill,it may be a good idea to add injector cleaner when you refill.

good luck.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Ted - trying getting access to the fuel guage sender usually located under the back seat on most cars that way you will be able toget more out - syphoning via the filler neck can leave quite a bit behind. Also you could try disconnecting the line into the fuel filter and pump some out that way - if the car has been started some of the petrol may have got into the fuel filter itself.:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you, much appreciated..luckily the car hasn't been started so hopefully a drain and a full tank of diesel will solve the problem...

Cheers

Ted

1 - 4 of 4 Posts