Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. First post this is. Hope someone can help. I bought my renault clio 1.2 expression three weeks ago. The day after i bought it it didn't feel right in first and second gear. Twice i had no power at all in first. Had to stop and restart the engine. Second gear was all or nothing with power. I took it back to the garage and was told later that day that they had to take it to a renault garage to have the comp reset on it. Picked it up and it drove lovely thought great. But the last week it has been playing up again not as bad as before but it is idleing unsteady and sounds like it will stall. When pulling away slowly it judders a bit and second gear seems to struggle when driving slowly. If i am pulling out of a junction faster it seems fine. This is an intermittent problem though as it doesn't seem to be like it all the time. My partner seems to think it could be summit to do with the spark plugs or ignition. Any ideas would be welcome as i feel a bit ripped off at the mo:mad:

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Suzy - could be a TDC sensor problem - have a search through the forum - there are many posts relating to this.:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts