Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps thanks for your help before, regarding my gear problem, mainly getting from third to second and then into 1st well the clutch seems ok according to the garage so looks like a gearbox prob? how much do you think and could be anything simple (wouldn't be my luck at the mo) also had the sensors checked, guy plugged into the ECU but there are no errors!! much to my surprise, but still have this erratic misfire, ok when just started then appear after say driving for 10 mins, idle sits at about 850rev then drops and recovers almost instantly waits a few seconds and does it again, you can also feel this when poodle-ing along car judders any ideas (coils???) Thanks

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
the erratic revs will probs be down to the coil pack...every renault i have had so far has ended up with erratic revs....do you sometimes lose power when driving along....if the coil pack is on its way out a diognostic will only pick it up when it is "playing up"...you can pay to get them new or go to a scrapyard and get them for a couple of quid..will only be a short term fix but will let you know if it was the coil pack

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi Nibbler, I had a similar problem with my gearbox about a week ago. Every time I changed down into 2nd it would crunch and was really hard to get in gear. I found that the gearbox was low on oil, topped up and all is well again. Not sure if this will solve your problem but I was pretty sure I was going to have to get a new box until I tried this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies had a look this afternoon and just as a course of action decided to replace the plugs, one of the coil leads came apart! new leads and things seem a lot better, as for the gearbox i will try the oil hope this is the case as im worried about the cost involved, thanks again for your help ile let you know how things go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts