Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2015 Clio 1.5 Dynamique.

I noticed that the maps seem to be dated 2013 which is 2 years older than the car which is weird.

Is there a way to update them?

There is no CD player in this car, but there is a USB port so I guess if it can be done, that's the way. :)

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
2,805 Posts
As the car is under warranty I'd be visiting a main dealer and chancing my arm on free updates if the car has service history.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has been service as required as it currently has a 4 year warranty with around 2 years left.

I have found a program for my PC that deals with updating maps on Renault cars and it does mention that some maps aer free so I will play around with that and if I get nowhere, I will tackle my nearest Renault dealer.

Thanks for the reply...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just had a go at obtaining my nav details by inserting a USB drive in the car but I don't think it was seen as I saw no link to update maps.

Does anyone know what format the USB drive should be?
It is currently Fat32, but of course I can change that if required.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you are using the NAVI extras TOOLBOX, which only runs under windows (Ie not on Apple Mac), format your Memory stick FAT 32 and when you put the 'empty' memory sticking the USB slot and select update maps, the devices data should be copied to the memory stick. Mine didn't work and the Renault garage spent 2 days getting it to work!! There is some special software which can be downloaded from Renault which is car specific. The first free update is only valid for the first 6 months after a new vehicle purchase. I think that map updates are available each Q4 of the year, and then it is only for the previous year map changes !!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have solved that issue now.

As they seem to only update the maps once a year, they are almost always out of date and too expensive to pay for considering they are hardly ever up to date.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Best update is to buy a stand alone TomTom with lifetime updates.
I agree and I have been considering that but it seems silly to do that when the car has built in sat nav.

There are other ways to update the maps and much, much cheaper so I will be researching that before going along the Tom Tom route.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I paid for the updates on my recently bought megane, paid for 4 yearly updates and the first one that updated is dated 2017, no mention of month etc etc but so far it has listed all the local changes that's occurred in my area over the last couple of years.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,707 Posts
Should be free, .. they offer these cars with Satnav, to entice, and seal the deal.
Then charge you for using it....
Rant over,

·
Registered
64 Posts
Should be free, .. they offer these cars with Satnav, to entice, and seal the deal.
Then charge you for using it....
Rant over,
This is true, i guess with me buying the car secondhand i don't feel so bad buying the updates.

They should at least give you 3 years of updates when you buy a new vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I paid for the updates on my recently bought megane, paid for 4 yearly updates and the first one that updated is dated 2017, no mention of month etc etc but so far it has listed all the local changes that's occurred in my area over the last couple of years.
How much did update cost?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts