Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am in need of some help upgrading my sound system – I’m looking to installing an amp sub and 2 front door speakers(upgrade). I’ll be running the sub and speakers from the amp.
I’ll start with the amp JBL GTO-4000:
*4/3/2 channel amplifier, extremely versatile
*Can drive 4 speakers OR 2 speakers and a sub OR 2 high-powered speakers OR 2 subwoofers!
*4 x 50w RMS or tri-mode: 2 x 50W RMS + 150W for sub
*4 x 100W max or tri-mode: 2 x 100W + 300W for sub
*Bridgeable into 2-channels to produce 2 x 300W
*Variable cross-over. Variable Bass Boost.
*Speaker Level Input
*Overload protection

Sub will be a 12” 600W as I don’t want to much bass.
Speakers I haven’t chosen yet. Not sure what watt to get. Which would be best 6*9 or upgrade the front door speakers?
I’m not sure what type of wire to use really so if someone could fill in the blanks that would be great:
Power to amp-
Headunit to amp-
Amp to sub-
Amp to Speakers-

Also what type of connectors am I best using, and what will I need to fix the sub and amp down in the boot.
Thanks for any help
Phill.c

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
ok i think i know what i am getting now all from Welcome to TheLoudest.co.uk
2000w amp 4way £110
600w kenwood sub already got
300w rear speakers 10cm £45 might change these yet
350w front speakers 13cm £50 might change these yet

i'm going to be running either front or back speakers off the factory HU until maybe next month.
so what do you think is the best way to run this system.

run the sub and back speakers from the amp and front from the HU?
or
run the sub and front speakers fromt the amp and rear speakers fromt he HU?
fire away :)
phill.c

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
TBH in a car the size of the Clio, rear speakers are unnecessary. You'd be better to forget the rears and spend your cash on a really good set of front door speakers. After all you don't sit in the back of the car do you ??
A good set of front components and the amp/sub should prove to be more than enough for the Clio.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply finally got it all ordered now, so once it arrives i'll get on with fitting it.
oh i got a poineer 1200w amp and 180w speakers, 600w sub ive already got and the wiring kit. i think i'll probably need more speaker wire tho as i am amping the front two, and the rears are going to run off the HU. SO next month i'm getting a new HU and 2more speakers.

is it better i replace the old speaker wire with new?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
It depends on what sort of RMS figures you will be running them at. If I remember correctly standard wiring is only ok up to about 60w RMS. Although if you have the cable then why not just run it anyway :d

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Just when do you intend listening to such a setup without disturbing the neighborhoods that you drive through, particularly when children or people on shift are in bed.

Just don't see the point.:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts