Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there i have never posted on this site before but then i have only recently aquired my scenic, so here goes. I had a radio cassette player (phillips make) in my car and wanted to put a cd changer in it but the connections were not there (not available on my model) so i went to buy another unit with the connections present (turned out the only one available was a renault phillips cd player unit, a bonus i thought) however when i went to put it in, the 2 main connections fitted (black and white, and the blue one for the cd changer fitted, but the long (rectangular) black one that connected what i assume to be the dash and steering wheel control did not. The connection for the new cd radio is square and yellow. I do not even know if it is indeed possible to connect a new cd player to a scenic that was fitted with an old one or not hopefully you can help. I await your responses in anticipation.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Things are never as simple as you hope...

Well i tried what you suggested and unfortunately it did not work out as planned. The back light came up and nothing, no 0000 no CODE nothing. SO in light of this i went to the local scrap dealers in the hope of buying the whole wiring loom for behind the dash (successfull i might add :rolleyes: ), and also managed to purchase the stereo and dash display all from the same car (this stereo was cassette but had tuner list so was able to accept cd changer unit), I got home feeling all chuffed with myself only to find out that after installing all the hardware that the code i was given with the stereo was not working and the scrap dealer did not have any other codes for it, d'oh.

so my answer to you now is can you either come up with an answer to the cd player not coming up on the dash display or can anyone help me with a code for the attached stereo... I would really appreciate any help you could provide.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To complete a thread!

Well Glenda to let you know the outcome of the story, and to eventually lay it to rest. I was on the internet last night and decided to buy a software thing off ebay (£3) with the idea that it would be able to provide me with the code. Unfortunately this was not to be the case, and it did diddly squat. So today i phoned up the renault dealers who told me that i needed the chassis number from the car the radio came from and so long as it was the original i would be laughing for a minimal £10 fee. I contacted a family member (mother :crazy: ) who happened to be over here at the minute (northern ireland) and asked her to go to the scrap yard and get the code, low and behold 4 hours later (scrappers a long way away) i had the code and upon phoning the renault dealers, the kind man didnt even charge me. Got the code and now a working stereo with CD changer Tah-Dah.... Thanks for help and listening

1 - 5 of 5 Posts