Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've a clio sport 172 (2002). I am looking to uprate the front suspension, but I do not want it lowered as I use it for lanes rallies. I have been told that the springs from a diesel Clio will do this without effecting the ride height. Can anyone advise on this please.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
I've a clio sport 172 (2002). I am looking to uprate the front suspension, but I do not want it lowered as I use it for lanes rallies. I have been told that the springs from a diesel Clio will do this without effecting the ride height. Can anyone advise on this please.
It may be worth asking whoever told you the springs may suit. If it is a rumour then you'll need to do some research. First you'll need to find the exact dimensions such a spring height (both compressed and uncompressed) spring diameter, wire coil diameter, loading, reasonance, etc, of both types of springs to make any decent comparision.

Do remember the suspension, wheel-base on a standard Clio are much different than the 172.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. You hear all these great ideas. The 'logic' was that as the diesel engine is heavier then the springs MUST be 'stiffer/heavier'.
Does anyone know of anu mod which will give stiffer springs without lowering the suspension or is where can you get stiffer springs for the 172.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts