Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, This is my first post on this site so to begin off I would like to say HELLO.

Ok now down to the matter at hand.

Ive got a clio 182 cup and it has just had its second birthday a few days ago. I was washing the car the other day and noticed that the paint on one of my alloys is starting to blister.

The car is still under warranty so is the paint on the aloys covered... couse i dont really want to have to shell out for a refurb since the thng is only 2 years old.

A speedy reply would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
10 Posts
as a professional sprayer i can say that colour match isn't the problem,its the price we charge£100 plus per wheel.as a temp repair touch up the bad parts with clear nail varnish this will slow down any futher blistering until you get it sorted

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that, thats a great suggestion!

Will call renault tomoz and play hell with them.... shouldnt be happening to a 2 year old car for god sakes!

·
Registered
10 Posts
not sure what the anti perforation warranty covers on your model but mine was 6 years.can i just ask if you use an alloy wheel cleaner because the active ingredient in most of these is a weak causic soda which when mixed with road salt and brake dust causes quite a corrosive effect if over used.good old soap ,water and elbow grease is best.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I think you may be dissapointed if your hoping to claim on your new car warranty,but it's worth a try.....

Good luck and let us know how you get on.:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really hope that they do sort this problem out couse i dont want it to get any worse...

In reply to your question elty001 i only use wash and wax cleaning stuff on my car and wheels. so i dont use any specific cleaning stuff on my alloys..... just a good sponging

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
The difficulty with any warranty/goodwill claim is the underlying reason why the paint is blistering - the dealer may claim that it is due to the painted surface being damaged by debris from the road (an external factor), and therefore not covered. You will be claiming that this is indicative to a manufacturing defect, and outside your control/influence to prevent.

A bit puzzling why only one wheel has exhibited this - I would presume that all wheels are the same age, and the original ones which came with the car?

It doesn't really help either arguement - you can (quite rightly) state that if you had mis-treated the wheels when cleaning them, then all would be exhibiting this deterioration. He can counter by saying that the wheels are all cast/painted at the same time, so why would one be different?

A bit of a Mexican standoff - if the dealer values your custom, then he will work with you (not against you).

I wouldn't recommend putting anything on the wheel until he has inspected it - it gives him scope to imply you've done something to cause it, and tried to cover it up.

Hope this helps,

Paul:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks very much thats great advice!

Yes they are the origional wheels that came with the car and it is the rear passenger side alloy that has started to blister... its a TINY mark on the wheel but its one of those niggly things u notice when you wash your car and u dont want it to get any worse...

I will call main customer services for renault tomoz to see what they say and then phone my local garage to see what they say....

Thanks VelSatisfied

1 - 10 of 10 Posts