Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Urgent help needed with petrol cap
Hi guys, I have managed to find the emergency pull ring for the fuel cap (central locking just making a noise near the cap and not opening it), however the pull is loose and inoperative.
The access is really poor and I can't see the unit.
Does anyone know if I remove the locking unit, does this pull out the lock and unlock the petrol cap? How do you do this? Is it by taking the light cluster out? And is there a retaining bolt? Do I need an extension socket or
anything to do that before I set about that? many thanks in advance.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,966 Posts
If you open the boot, can you take the side panel off, and get at it..
Its hard to offer advice when we cannot picture the problem.

If you can get at the pull ring, could you thread some string through it, and pull on the string

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there, I cant take pictures as the car is not here.On this 2002 scenic, I have the interior of the boot out but the fuel cap and motor is behind a welded plate. By sticking your hand in close to where the rear light cluster is you can just about reach the emergency pull but it is loose and does not work.What I want to know is, if I can access / unbolt the motor by taking the light cluster out, will this open the fuel cap?

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,966 Posts
Not a clue,, You could try,

Or
Thread some string through the loop, long enough that you can reach the fuel flap, see if when you pull the string, you can then get the flap to open using your other hand..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had to force the fuel cap open, difficult to do without breaking the hinges. The retaining bolt for the motor is behind the flap and not in the recess accessed through the boot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts