Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, was checking out the wires under the bonnet as the car is playin up, clio 2006, seems a common problem for the wires to melt, i took out a plug which went ino the engine block (see pic) and it seems like a wire is cut/missing, their is a red wire and yellow wire and the black one just a bit is poking out. how ever i dont have a clue and driving to poole dorset tomoro i am woundering will it make it.

Attachments

• 100.1 KB Views: 45
D

·
0 Posts
Is the sensor screwed into a waterway / coolant hose?
Could be the temp sender which is a 3 wire jobby, and would explain the 'playing up'

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not to sure mate, will have a look lata when my lady gets in. pretty sure it was screwed in but not into a hose, what i could remember it was screwed into the engine block

·
Premium Member
12,945 Posts
From your hi-resolution:d picture it looks like it's screwed into the block near the starter.
It could be a knock sensor to detect engine pinking.
It might have 2 wires into a plug and a screening wire that just runs alongside the 2 wires but doesn't connect at the plug end.
Don't cut it off, it needs it.
Your problem may lie elsewhere.
Maybe someone with a clio could take a peek at theirs for you.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi guys

I would say its a knock sensor that goes into block mine has braid too think its two wires ill have a look today for you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts