1 - 15 of 15 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The usage guidelines section of the rules has been updated:
Usage guidelines said:
6. Manners

This may be a virtual community, but you are expected to remember your manners. When asking for help, a please and thank you would not go amiss
I'm sick to death of people posting without saying please and thank you and what's worse is that people still actually say welcome to the forums and help them out!

In fact, if I don't see an improvement, I may consider making this a rule rather than a guideline and pulling people for it... :steam:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chaps - my moan was triggered by new users who join up and forget their manners. You lot are saints - dishing out help to people who forget their Ps and Qs...

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Yes I'm sure we are Selly :rolleyes: , but we could still welcome newbies etc and also inform them of the need to post appropriately and mind their P&Qs.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi there is nothing worse than rudeness and ignorance i have experienced alot just in the lats few days the best way i get round it is just to ignore them or treat ignorance with ignorance....

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
we must be old school.i gave a woman directions the other day to a nearby health walk in centre,not a word of thanks,i'm glad my kids always say please and thank you.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Duly noted ....

Regards

Ottoman
Ditto...

As I was accused of being "blunt" one of these days, I couldn't help noticing there's quite little sharing around here. I woudn't be mad at someone who desides to call me names, does not say TQs and Pls, or generally is offensive either - that's his/her choice and problem, not mine.

And just to remind you - truth is born by argumentative dispute. An educated and polite one preferably by all means.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Ditto...

As I was accused of being "blunt" one of these days, I couldn't help noticing there's quite little sharing around here. I woudn't be mad at someone who desides to call me names, does not say TQs and Pls, or generally is offensive either - that's his/her choice and problem, not mine.

And just to remind you - truth is born by argumentative dispute. An educated and polite one preferably by all means.
I prefer debate rather than argumentive.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Thats it bring you children up to say please and thank you and to respect there elders and it will indeed follow them in life,and there is the other half that are dragged up and are just pure ignorant:steam: :crazy:

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Thats it bring you children up to say please and thank you and to respect there elders and it will indeed follow them in life,and there is the other half that are dragged up and are just pure ignorant:steam: :crazy:
well said donald

1 - 15 of 15 Posts