Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's I'm new on here, my name is Gary, have been reading threads and and posts etc, and have a couple of Questions I'd like to ask please.
1) As anyone actually bought a used keycard from another car and had it programmed for their own car?? please only answer if you have done this and it as worked, some say yes some say impossible, im confused :confused:
2) My sat nav has a red satalite symbol, so im guessing no signal!! I have read and tried many theories from your post's and still red. So im now going to purchase a new atenna, My question here is, where do i plug the new ariel? is it in the unit which is in the glove box the disc player? or the unit above the radio?
Any info would be gratefully recieved...Gary

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Hi Gary,

Can't answer your question about nav.

But... You categorically CANNOT use a 2nd hand card that has already been programmed to another vehicle.

The only way to do this would be to change your Steering lock, Engine ECU and UCH from the 'donor' car.

Dan

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
apparently there are some auto sparks who CAN virginise used key cards and reprogramme them.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
apparently there are some auto sparks who CAN virginise used key cards and reprogramme them.
I recently had a card repaired at a local electronics place with a good rep who claim to reprogramme keys to cars new or used. At £85, I plan to try it out soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Gary,

Can't answer your question about nav.

But... You categorically CANNOT use a 2nd hand card that has already been programmed to another vehicle.

The only way to do this would be to change your Steering lock, Engine ECU and UCH from the 'donor' car.

Dan
Thanks Dan, seems i'll have to buy a new key then Grrr

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Sat nav aerial goes in the back of the computer in the glovebox. It looks a nightmare to wire the whole way through the car and put on the roof, so my new one just sits on the corner of the dash and is barely noticeable. An easy, cheap fix!

·
Premium Member
14,136 Posts
Hi mate you plug your ariel into the unit that is in the glove box,easy to get to just pull down the cover in footwell its on a velcrow pad,look under and you will see small ariel connection,ariels are to be found on e.bay cheep or you can get one direct from www.t.era.co.uk for about £13.magnetic base and 5 metres of wire so you can feed it where you want..hope this helps ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts