Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and girls. Does anyone know if a V reg Megane would be OBD II compliant? I am looking at buying a cabriolet but it has a warning light on and I have a Scanguage unit so was going to view it to see what exactly the code was. If it wasn't too bad I would buy it and fix it.

The only problem being I don't want to go and view if my unit won't work anyway.

D

·
0 Posts
Sell me the scala and i'll tell ya :d

It should be, but not sure how much info you'll get with a generic odb reader. You need the renault software to get in depth info (froggy Vag-Com)

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
E
Sell me the scala and i'll tell ya :d

It should be, but not sure how much info you'll get with a generic odb reader. You need the renault software to get in depth info (froggy Vag-Com)
Cheers for the info. It is to clear a service light.

As for the scirocco. You can buy it but it has been stood for 2 years. I can give wolf more info if you want, lol. It would need trailering away though.

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
How do mike. :) did you ever get sirrocco finished and on the road then ?

Good to see you on the forum again.

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm good mate thanks. I never did no. Well I got it MOT'd and on the road but only for a month as it started to starve of fuel but I didn't have the time to find the problem so it has sat for 2 years.

I put a new battery on it last week and it turned over after a bit then struggled again so need to look at a few bits but If I buy this megane Cabby then I will just get rid I think.

How's you?

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
hi

This will do the trick:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-CAN-C...s_Equipment&hash=item20b8667253#ht_2148wt_853
I bought one and tested it with 96 clio I, 97 laguna I, 2002 Laguna II. Both connectors supplied (old Renault and OBD II) and the program too. I've bought it off this seller but others might have better prices, except this one offers free delivery (in my case it would be about 25 EUR) so it might be worth to inspect it closer.
DG

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers mate. A bit expensive for me I think. I already have a scanguage unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts