Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I am replacing my head unit today with a new Kenwood one and wonder what the value of the current, stock head unit and cd changer is so I can set a price for its sale.

If I can work out how to get the tseering control to work with my head unit then I will keep it, however I dont see how it can work when there is nothing on the back other than a connection for an external system.

Anyone actually had the steering control working with a kenwood, if so, how can it work.

Mine has the standard iso connections on the back, a small remote wire, the pre amp phono connections and another one that I believe you connect a cable to and it offers a mini jack plug to connect an mp3 player, ipod etc to, but nothing else suggests its compatible with the steering controls.

Either way, whats the rough value of the current head unit, changer and possibly steering control.

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
a quick scan of e bay will give an idea of value, as for the kenwood you may need an adaptor cable, try a search on the forum as this has been covererd before and the cable part No may even be listed.

When it comes to selling your Stereo obviously you could e bay it or if you subscribe to the forum (£12 / year) you can advertise it in the for sale section.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
from what I can see, best price I am likely to get is £40 for the 6 disk cd changer and £60 for the head unit.

Worst price I can get is £30 for the changer and £50 for the head unit.

Does that sound reasonable

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, so what do you think,

Head unit
Changer unit
if I can get it off the steering controls

£90.00

With code

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
probably yes, if I can find out when it goes past my estate, the kids tell me there is a parade as well, so probly go and see that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts