Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have recently bought Renault Megane 1.9dci it seems to have a few gremlins in its electrics I was hoping for some help.

I know when you pull away that the car is ment to auto-lock and it doesnt. All the locks work fine and if I press the button it will do it but doesnt do it on its own.

The display seems to flick on and off from "heated seats active" there is no button to control heated seats and I dont feel any heat so Im thinking it could be a error.

Also the temp gauge sometimes drops to -28c.

Also the car has its own Pioneer CD player thats not standard is there a way to get the stem controls to function with it?

Any help on these above issues would be much appreciated.

Cheers

P

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

For the auto locking, hold down the button on the dash for 10 seconds, this should enable the system.
Holding it down in the unlock position disables it.

The temperature reading is probably the sensor in the wing mirror, it's quite common and not too expensive to replace.

You can get an adaptor cable to go between the controls and many aftermarket head units.
There are a number of threads on the forum about these :)

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Just to add to that ^

The Mégane only has one button for locking and unlocking the doors on the dash. Press and hold it for 5 secs with the engine running and you'll get a beep to confirm.

If you have heated seats, the buttons are on the panel by the handbrake (see my pic). Some cars, despite not having heated seats, still had all the wiring. There will be connector plugs behind this bit of trim which would have been for the switches. There must be a bit of dirt or something in them which is sending a false signal. Take the trim off and just blow into them. Or it would be very easy to fit heated seats if you fancy them. All the wiring is there so you just need the heated pads and switches.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both. Fantastic!

I called renault re the auto-lock and the told me they couldnt give advise over the phone... and I would have to book it in.

"Press the button for 5 seconds" would be advise you'd expect their service dept to offer freely.

Glad I found the forum. - Cheers

Do you know a good place to purchase the switches, Heat Pads and adapter cable for the Head Unit?

For the prior is it a breakers job?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts