Independent Renault Forums banner

Vauxhall VX220 - Brake Pad Spring,Possibly Same As Espace/Laguna

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  hoochy 
#1 ·
Hey all and hows it going.
I own a Vauxhall vx220 and while fitting new pads to my car the other day i snapped the anti rattle spring that holds the pads in. I have been doing a bit of reading about it and it seems that it has near enough the same caliper design as a few of the laguna/espace models, so was wondering if anyone has any they would like to sell old/new or parts numbers of where to buy them. Here is a picture of the spring along with the caliper which is the same as whats fitted on my car. http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...=644&ndsp=20&tbm=isch&ei=7-0MTv0hz6nxA8fMrbwO
any help will be great as this little spring is driving me mad.

#2 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

It might be worth trying a local motor factor and seeing if they can source a brake pad fitting kit for the caliper,that will include new pins,clips,springs etc.Most decent factors either keep them in stock or should be able to get them the same day.

#3 ·
I have tried everywhere tbh and cant seem to find anyone selling a repair kit which includes the spring. I could get the spring brand new but i have to buy new pads from vauxhall and at a price of £130 for the pads is to much to justify for a spring. Is there a part number for the spring or repair kit anywhere that i could quote to Renault to buy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.