Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new card reader (so the dealer said when I went for a new key programmed).
Does anyone know If I can buy one from anywhere other than the dealer (£332 fitted)!!
I LOVE my car but OMG the parts are extinct and not cheap.
Help!!!:(

·
Registered
31 Posts
I need a new card reader (so the dealer said when I went for a new key programmed).
Does anyone know If I can buy one from anywhere other than the dealer (£332 fitted)!!
I LOVE my car but OMG the parts are extinct and not cheap.
Help!!!:(
may i ask why you need new reader.
The reason i ask is that my daughter posted coins into mine and upon retrieving the coins from it, i broke to plastic pegs that push onto two microswitches inside the reader. therefore the reader would not do anything.
I was able to take the reader apart and super glue the lever pegs back into position and have had no problems since.

L

·
0 Posts
You can use a second hand reader as they are universal, I know a Vel Satis one isn't going to be easy to locate, however there is every possibilty that they are all the same in the Renaults just with a different trim clipped on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
may i ask why you need new reader.
The reason i ask is that my daughter posted coins into mine and upon retrieving the coins from it, i broke to plastic pegs that push onto two microswitches inside the reader. therefore the reader would not do anything.
I was able to take the reader apart and super glue the lever pegs back into position and have had no problems since.
**Well we only have one key which is coming apart. We ordered a new key, went to have it programmed and the Renault dealer said we have a perminent fault on our reader.
They said it will be £332 for a new one fitted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can use a second hand reader as they are universal, I know a Vel Satis one isn't going to be easy to locate, however there is every possibilty that they are all the same in the Renaults just with a different trim clipped on.
** Do you think they are? They are not likely to say a second hand one will do the job as they want us to shell out for a new one.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
As above - I changed the climate control panel in our Vel Satis to get my illumation back! It's exactly the same unit as the Laguna just with a different bit of trim around it. It's worth a try!

L

·
0 Posts
If your current key that is falling appart works, I don't see why you need a new one anyway, ask for a full explanation as to why. They won't fit a second hand one if you do need one, but you can, it's a really easy job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts