Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New user, long time laguna owner.

I have a 53 plate sport tourer, owned from new. I've always been happy with the vehicle and never really had any problems with it.

I have one now. My daughter has somehow damaged the passenger air event. Basically it will turn left/right but not up or down. Looking at the vent the clip that handles the up and down has come loose and needs to be clipped into the direction panels.

I've had a quick look at the vent and it appears I need to remove the fascia as this will give me access to the direction panels. However I can't see an easy way to remove it. I have unclipped it at the top and bottom but I can't prise it away on the other edges. reading on the forums it seems I will have to remove the entire column to gain access to remove the fascia? i can't believe this would be the case and be such a bad design.

Is there an easy way of removing the fascia? Pictures would be handy for where the clips are so I know where to applu the relevant pressure.

Thanks

Barry.

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Hi All,

i can't believe this would be the case and be such a bad design.
You wouldn't have thought so would you. I almost had to remove the front grill to be able to remove the headlight just to change....

.....a bulb:steam:

Sorry my post is of no help, just letting you know you are not alone in such things.

Welcome to the forums, by the way. I'm sure someone will be able to help you. There's quite a knowledge base here.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
You mean replacing the complete centre air vent?

If so then the complete dashboard has to be removed.. No easy fix otherwise.. and not a nice job!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the greets everyone!

No it isn't a complete vent replacement, I just need to repair the directional vents - the clip that moves the vents up and down has come off. i can still turn them left and right fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts