Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,looks a great forum.I have a 1.9 dci 2003.Twice in the last 6 weeks the card has failed to start the engine.The engine stop/warning light has flashed.Both times i have been able to get it going by removing the card a few times.I have phoned my local Renault dealer who want £88 for 1 hour labour,just to plug in to diagnostics.What ,if any are my options.I had a search on here and heard of problematic card readers.Are these expensive?.I dont have any problems while driving.Cheers.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Hello to all,looks a great forum.I have a 1.9 dci 2003.Twice in the last 6 weeks the card has failed to start the engine.The engine stop/warning light has flashed.Both times i have been able to get it going by removing the card a few times.I have phoned my local Renault dealer who want £88 for 1 hour labour,just to plug in to diagnostics.What ,if any are my options.I had a search on here and heard of problematic card readers.Are these expensive?.I dont have any problems while driving.Cheers.

Sounds like a card or card reader problem. You could try using the spare for a few weeks and see if the problem continues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply.The warning light was actually the injection fault warning.Strange how it only does it when stopped and tryng to start.Have noticed people do not recommend supermarket fuel for the 1.9dci.I had put some tesco diesel in recently.Will try to avoid in the future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts