Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the wheels on the Veyron cost about £17K EACH! :crazy:

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
I wonder how much his insurance renewal will be ... :rolleyes:
Seen a "report" of this on another site. Apparently it was a 40mph speed limit and he was driving at approx 100mph.

They should ban him for life.:steam: Driving at 100mph in a 40mph zone is insane.

Luckily the pregnant lady in the other car wasn't too badly injured.

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
They should ban him for life.:steam: Driving at 100mph in a 40mph zone is insane.
That won't happen. I bet he just walks away with a large fine, and not even a temporary ban.

America may have the best legal system that money can buy, but ours is a close second. If he can afford to drive the Veyron, then he can afford to wangle his way out of this.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
That won't happen. I bet he just walks away with a large fine, and not even a temporary ban.
I know it won't.

He DESERVES to be banned & charged with reckless driving,driving without due care and attention, having a small pen*s etc. Doesn't matter what they charge him with the guys a t0$$er.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
"the accident occurred in a short stretch of national speed limit on the road"
70 limit then not 40, unless your source is more reliable. Not that, that makes going 100 any better.

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
The cars probably still worth more than my house............and car and wife and kids and savings and.......

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
"the accident occurred in a short stretch of national speed limit on the road"
70 limit then not 40, unless your source is more reliable. Not that, that makes going 100 any better.
It's a B road so 60mph.
I read it in the "SUN" newspaper so no, my source probably isn't any more reliable!:d

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
It actually looks amazingly robust give the force of the impact. That's one bumper repair I'd love to do - then I could retire...:d

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
At least he has improved the looks of the Bugatti.

It is an engineering marvel,but it ain't pretty.:)

Where are the pictures of the Astra it hit?.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Apparently the person driving wasn't the owner.....it was his younger brother!:rofl:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thing is, would this be making the news if it wasn't a Veyron? There's a great deal of crashes that go on like this during the year - but they don't involve supercars, if it had been a Ford Focus going at a similar speed, the report wouldn't get a look in :(

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
At least he has improved the looks of the Bugatti.

It is an engineering marvel,but it ain't pretty.:)
I'm glad you said that. I was beginning to wonder if it was just me.

A bad case of "The emperor's new clothes" if ever I saw one. It's a hideous thing to look at, but nobody seems prepared to say it.

The last time we let that happen, the Ford Ka went straight from concept to production with practically no alterations :crazy:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts