Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
wot are people thinking/doing about the loss of sky from virgin. I only signed with them less than 12 months ago and think I deserve a discount ,or I signed a 12 month contracted and want it fullfilled:mad::confused:

A

·
0 Posts
wot are people thinking/doing about the loss of sky from virgin. I only signed with them less than 12 months ago and think I deserve a discount. I signed a 12 month contracted and want it fullfilled:mad::confused:

SO WOULD I.:mad: :steam: :moonie:

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
Hey guys,

You'll find that theres no comebacks on virgin as its sky's decision to remove the channels. If you check out this link, it'll give you more details Fair play

FAO: Chris M - Telwest and NTL merged (they apparently took the best from each company to form a better one) and were then bought out by Virgin. Although any current contracts you have with either Telewest or NTL will remain active until the length of the term. You cannot swap between NTL/TW/Virgin packages whilst still in contract :(

Hope this has been helpful, i'm involved in another forum which concerns the above issues which is how come i knows about it :)

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
The way I see it, you're still not getting what you signed up for, regardless of whose fault it is.

The real question is: What does the small print in the contract say? Does it allow them to remove channels that were part of the package when you signed up? I'm betting it does, but check anyway. If you're lucky and it doesn't, they'll be in violation of the contract and you'll be well within your rights to terminate the agreement.

Sky obviously aren't happy with people re-selling their channels, at least not competitively. They'd rather people subscribed direct. I hope Dickie has taken this to OfCom. He saw off British Airways, so I'm sure he can deal with Sky :p

·
Registered
23 Posts
I say well done SKY, excellent business move as is their forthcoming new freeview platform to get customers onto SKY.

Sh*te from the customer's POV, but when are things ever done in our favour.

·
Super Moderator
6,170 Posts
Just found out my Virgin bill has increased by £4 a month without warning, fed up with this constant disregard for consumers rights that just maybe you should of told us first before changing my bill.

Question : (probably going to know the answer already) is sky any better?

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
8,080 Posts
I cannot get Virgin due to be only FTTC and not FTTP, so thats not aproblem to me, and I ditched SKY for Freesat 4 years ago and havnt looked back since.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
It’s Virgin’s broadband that piddles me off. I regularly check my broadband speed, and the speed goes up and down like a yoyo. One minute, full bore, the next (and I do not exaggerate), 0.27 mbs(?).

Funny enough, the quality of the signal mysteriously improves immediately after I phone them to complain.

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,793 Posts
I have sky and renegotiate my package each year ...currently have sky entertainment bundle hd, sky fibre unlimited broadband and sky talk which includes calls to mobiles etc and bill is usually about £62 per month ...daughter has all the above plus 3 additional boxes and sky sports £101 per month

Reactions: chuffer690

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,601 Posts
i used to have sky untill many moons ago i looked into it more and found there are 50 plus satellites up there just point it to anther one and watch the free channels i have a 80cm dish that picks up other satellites not used it in some time but did have near a 1000 channels many free
but with the Internet there is no need to use it any more again its free so why are you all wasting your hard earned cash
Ron

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,387 Posts
Asking 'Er Indoors to juggle satellites to find the arcane channel she wants is a non starter.
And I aint doing it for her !

Agree with Mrs B though, I often have mysterious drops in my Virgin broadband scheme.

·
Premium Member
Renault Scenic 1.6 L 16V 2002 Petrol
15,692 Posts
Just found out my Virgin bill has increased by £4 a month without warning, fed up with this constant disregard for consumers rights that just maybe you should of told us first before changing my bill.

Question : (probably going to know the answer already) is sky any better?
What is a mod doing resurrecting 10 year old threads!!!

:smile2: :grin2: :laugh: >:)

·
Super Moderator
6,170 Posts
What is a mod doing resurrecting 10 year old threads!!!

:smile2: :grin2: :laugh: >:)
Cos i can !!
Saves starting a new one :moonie:

Agree with Mrs B - we have drop outs, ring em up, sorts it's self out. It's like someone is there turning down the dial then turn it up again when you complain.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
i used to have sky untill many moons ago i looked into it more and found there are 50 plus satellites up there just point it to anther one and watch the free channels i have a 80cm dish that picks up other satellites not used it in some time but did have near a 1000 channels many free
but with the Internet there is no need to use it any more again its free so why are you all wasting your hard earned cash
Ron
If the hubby wasn’t obsessed with certain alien/crime/air crash investigation programmes, I would get rid of the cable tv package we have. I’d happily get rid of the tellies too.

I do have my own tv in the workshop, though. I watch my Doctor Who on it.:grin2: All the Doctors since it re-started, on a harddrive.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts