Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whilst viewing the desktop hold down the ctrl key and scroll the mouse wheel forwards, this will make the desktop icons smaller :d

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
takes a bit of getting used to but i work in IT and have been using the beta's for a while now so its not such a big step
its kind of like the step from windows 2000 to XP (for a novice user).
a few things like networking and logging onto domains can be a bit tricky but it seems to integrate quite well with software, i havent had any issues as yet and have been running since the release date :)
whilst i had my xbox360 on downstairs vista recognised it on the network and asked if i want to set it up as a media extender so that i could stream music and movies through it :d

all in all a worthy upgrade (although i would recomend the OEM version over retail as you'll save loads)

A

·
0 Posts
takes a bit of getting used to but i work in IT and have been using the beta's for a while now so its not such a big step

I DON'T KNOW AT THIS STAGE TO TRY IT????

I'VE ONLY JUST GOT USED TO MANIPULATING THE REG FILE
IN ORDER TO FIND WHAT'S RUNNING, Whats interrogating
the system. my concerns are rootkits and other viruses
later on being unable to remove or detect.

I understand that it's an encrypted system and it's all about saving and storing everything one has to ask why?????

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a good concern to have, like all new microsoft operating systems its going to get hit with its fair chunk of virus's (viri?)
i got hit with a rootkit under xp and it was a pain to get rid of, my own fault though as i had left an open relay on the exchange server :(
a lot of the functions can be dissabled such as the user access control which can be a pita

one side of it i dont use and never have is IE, i much prefer firefox for that :)

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
can just right click on desktop and can change icons from there to either large, medium or classic

1 - 7 of 7 Posts