Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I’ve been told my Vivaro 08 has the Renault engine.
in short van went off road as it broke down and wouldn’t start. Took to a garage. They changed one of the Injectors. Drove ok ish. But lacked power and smoked. This van had always been powerful and never smoked.
I have had the turbo refurbished professionally. And it still smokes bad.
changed glow plug relay. Turbo selonoid and map sensor. Still smokes and lack of power. Had diagnostic done no faults shown.
at my wits end now. Please help.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Diagnostics using what machine?

If its not a scanner that reports on stuff other than the standard EOBD emission related stuff chances are it will not show any codes..............

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far as I know it picks up everything from light bulbs to how quick the egr opens and closes.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
If you are 100% sure of the scanner's ability to speak Opel/Vauxhall then the only solution is to get somebody with control system looking at abilities to have a go - need to use the scanner to log ALL engine parameters for a typical trip from ice cold till cooling fans switch on first time.

You can post it here and we can try to help or give it to some intelligent Opel/Vauxhall trained/specialized grease monkey.

The Renault and Nissan control/ECU may be slightly different even though the basic engine may be the same.

If you don't feel like all of that schlepp then need to find a new garage because your symptoms imo certainly doesn't describe the need for anything as drastic as your already completed actions.......

Basics .............. compression test and leakdown test of cylinders - what are the individual cylinder values obtained during those tests? (8 values please)
Fuel pressure bahavior? - both at startup and full load?
Fuel filter clean/replaced?
How was it determined that the specific injector was faulty? ..................... can you give a list from your scanner with current individual injector compensation values? (4values)

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,804 Posts
Check fuel for contamination.
Hope I am wrong but your desciption is similar to others which have come down to the pump eating itself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are 100% sure of the scanner's ability to speak Opel/Vauxhall then the only solution is to get somebody with control system looking at abilities to have a go - need to use the scanner to log ALL engine parameters for a typical trip from ice cold till cooling fans switch on first time.

You can post it here and we can try to help or give it to some intelligent Opel/Vauxhall trained/specialized grease monkey.

The Renault and Nissan control/ECU may be slightly different even though the basic engine may be the same.

If you don't feel like all of that schlepp then need to find a new garage because your symptoms imo certainly doesn't describe the need for anything as drastic as your already completed actions.......

Basics .............. compression test and leakdown test of cylinders - what are the individual cylinder values obtained during those tests? (8 values please)
Fuel pressure bahavior? - both at startup and full load?
Fuel filter clean/replaced?
How was it determined that the specific injector was faulty? ..................... can you give a list from your scanner with current individual injector compensation values? (4values)
Thanks I will get onto this and get back to you.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,980 Posts
Check pipework/Intercooler to turbo..
Any leak from this area will give you smoke, and a lack of power
You dont say what size engine,

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,980 Posts
Check turbo pipes from Intercooler, make sure these two pipes are correctly fitted and tight

Reactions: LvR
1 - 9 of 9 Posts