Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
I'm on the Vodafone 3G £25 per month tarrif (work pays for it mind) and I'll be more than happy if they raise my 250mb monthly cap to 750 :d

It doesn't sound like much, but bear in mind that it's purely so you can be on-line while out and about. I find that 250Mb usually gives me plenty for all the surfing and e-mail I want to do, including watching the odd YouTube video here and there and occasionally downloading some multi-megabyte files. Still, if they up me to 750, I'll be able to get the grizzle on webcam while I'm away (now that does chew up the bandwidth.)

And it's buttons compared to what they were charging me for GPRS. 10p per meg now (going up to £1 per meg if I go over the cap) versus £2 per meg flat before when I used to hook up via GPRS on my mobile.

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Quite an expense there Horatio you wont get much webcam on that ?
I worked it out once (using a bandwidth monitor) and I think MSN Messenger Webcam chat uses about 1mb per minute for voice and video. So if they up the limit by 500mb, that's 500 minutes of webcam on top of my existing surfing.

Though it's not as clear cut as that. Sometimes I only use half my quota in a month. Other times, I do manage to go over. But when all's said and done, I'm sure I could find a use for that extra 500mb somehow :p

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's quite good then I never thought it would be as much as that Horatio.

Happy viewing then.

Regards

Ottoman

1 - 5 of 5 Posts