Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on this for me.
The car is an '01 3.0 V6 Sport tourer Privilege.
First - voice

Usually, I unlock the car, get in and there's nothing. I insert the card and there's nothing. I start the car and nothing. If I push the voice button, I get the "Computer is checking systems" message but nothing else.

Sometimes I get the seat belt warning after a few hundred yards of driving, sometimes not. Sometimes I get the seatbelt message as soon as I insert the card.

Is there any way of knowing which functions are monitored by the voice synth and any way of checking that they're working?

Secondly - dash

Usually, when I get in, the dash stays blank until I insert the card, at which point it shows the tyre check before "Start". Once the engine is started, it shows "oil ok".

Today, I got in and before I could do anything else, "Insert card" showed on the dash.

Again, is there any set pattern as to what should show on the dash display?

Advice very much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
The screen should always say 'insert card' when youopen the door. The voice computer is also controlled by the dials too so it may be linked. Possibly a loose connection behind them?

Another possability - the 'inser card' is detected by the door switch so it might be worth checking that. I'm sure the footwell lights should come on when you open the door awsell.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The screen should always say 'insert card' when youopen the door. The voice computer is also controlled by the dials too so it may be linked. Possibly a loose connection behind them?

Another possability - the 'inser card' is detected by the door switch so it might be worth checking that. I'm sure the footwell lights should come on when you open the door awsell.
Many thanks for that. I suspected that the 'Insert card' should always be there.

I'll be having this all checked soon. I do know that the footwell lights come on when the door is opened.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts