Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
ha are you for real? the ash is at about 30 thousand ft so unless your ''flying'' in your car i would look elsewhere for your problem

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
5,253 Posts
by tomorrow night there is a fair chance some of that ash will be on everyones cars across the UK.

unless Renault have teamed up with Moller, then i dont think anyone is gonna have issues with knackered car engines from icelandic ash.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Iam going to have to shovel the ash away from around the car this morning up here in Scotland to take it to get its new tyres on this morning:devil:

I wonder how long it will be before the supermarkets start selling ash shovels lmfao:eek:

·
Administrator
21,719 Posts
Iam going to have to shovel the ash away from around the car this morning up here in Scotland to take it to get its new tyres on this morning:devil:

I wonder how long it will be before the supermarkets start selling ash shovels lmfao:eek:
:rofl: And sledges again :rolleyes: :d

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts

We've just got a light dusting of it down here.

More worryingly: I was reading up on it last night and somewhere mentioned an eruption of similar intensity about 200 years ago. It resulted in a complete loss of summer in the UK along with other parts of Europe: Frost and snow in June.

We could do without that really. We've only just got the pool open down at Telford.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LMAO.

Its prettty bad stuff, its like tiny shards of glass.

Wouldnt like to be inhaling too much of it.

Its still sunny in the South of Ireland, infact its beautiful down here :d

Still not cool about the planes though my lil bro is coming over on sat, my girl is fkin off on a gal dem holiday (hopefully) and my parents are stuck in Spain LOL. If only I was 'stuck' on holiday.

·
Premium Member
5,253 Posts
whilst your shoveling it away, you might want to keep it for the roses, you never know it might make good fertiliser.
failing that you could always make brikes out of it...

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
We've just got a light dusting of it down here.

More worryingly: I was reading up on it last night and somewhere mentioned an eruption of similar intensity about 200 years ago. It resulted in a complete loss of summer in the UK along with other parts of Europe: Frost and snow in June.

We could do without that really. We've only just got the pool open down at Telford.
Thats weired as you would have thought we would have had a dusting up here in the North East but we didn't:confused:so it looks like it has went over our heads during the night and landed down your part of the Country:crazy:although there is time yet,we normally get a dusting of sand at this time of year that jet stream leaves us but i don't think it happened this year??yet:d

Frost and snow:crazy::eek: no thanks,

Cheers Don

·
Premium Member
5,253 Posts
east anglia has had a slight dusting of dark grey dust during the night/day.
usual dusting is lighter from africa/china sand.

oh and flatmate has been complaining about some odd stink in the flat all day, and im sure its not the bin (as i thoroughly cleaned it yesterday) :devil:

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Got a dusting off it down here overnight, real PITA as I washed the car yesterday :rofl:

Oh and as for bedford561's comments....yes he's for real, the ash may well have been at 30,000 feet but.....what goes up, must come down ;)

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
east anglia has had a slight dusting of dark grey dust during the night/day.
usual dusting is lighter from africa/china sand.

oh and flatmate has been complaining about some odd stink in the flat all day, and im sure its not the bin (as i thoroughly cleaned it yesterday) :devil:
Have you been eating artichokes or onions by any chance? And are there any associated rumbles or vibrations?

If so, look for a small donkey in a dark place and stick a plaster on it!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,253 Posts
we have a small kat, but she's well behaved, though she does bring home some rather undesirable toms sometimes...

the little tramp:devil:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts