Independent Renault Forums banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Consumers havnt been ripped off,they got better performance and more mpg and of course lower VED costs
They are the things most owners care about.
Even if you think emissions are causing damage,the difference to anything by VW,s actions are unmeasurable and a none event.

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,708 Posts
Consumers havnt been ripped off,they got better performance and more mpg and of course lower VED costs
Even if you think emissions are causing damage,the difference to anything by VW,s actions are unmeasurable and a none event.
all valid points but will the dvla re calculate the VED
Were they sold a product as described ..no ...therefore a breach of the law

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Yes but the buyers didn't get what they paid for. In my book that's tantamount to fraud. Plus by misrepresenting the vehicles emmisions and the owners paying less road licience than they ought to then that has been tax or duty evasion - leaving the owners unknowingly open to a criminal offence.

The fact that the price of VW shares dropped demonstrates that it is a measurable loss.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
:rolleyes: I'm sure you know best. :rolleyes:

But maybe the probability of them being fined / penalised to the tune of multiple billions of $ indicates a completely different opinion. :crazy:
Who cares what happens to VW?

My response was in reply to a post implying consumers were ripped off. They wernt,they gained from it,why don't you explain why you think consumers were disadvantaged instead of poking something about probabilities you know little about?
If I had bought one,unless law stated it,under no circumstances would I have it updated. Would you?

·
22,708 Posts

My response was in reply to a post implying consumers were ripped off. They wernt,they gained from it,why don't you explain why you think consumers were disadvantaged instead of poking something about probabilities you know little about?
If I had bought one,unless law stated it,under no circumstances would I have it updated. Would you?
It was a known fact that people bought these due to the "Bluemotion Technology" meaning less VeD and greener ...so would say these people trying to save money and run a cleaner diesel engine were not ripped off ....

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #67

And my reply was directed at your quote

Go tell it to all the Kids & adults who suffer asthma & the like.

·
22,708 Posts
Well all these scientists that have been talking about diesel particles being the worst polluters now must also be watching auntie beeb ...

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Well all these scientists that have been talking about diesel particles being the worst polluters now must also be watching auntie beeb ...
OMG, I wonder if it was the Beeb who discovered the scandal in the first place, & tipped the US Government off. :)

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Considering that may of not all car manufacturers share development costs it's almost certain many will fail.

The problem being that manufacturers are permitted to carry out their own tests and publish results.

Talk about the inmates running the asylum - and massaging the figures - such testing should be carried out by independant assessors.

·
22,708 Posts
Considering that may of not all car manufacturers share development costs it's almost certain many will fail.

The problem being that manufacturers are permitted to carry out their own tests and publish results.

Talk about the inmates running the asylum - and massaging the figures - such testing should be carried out by independant assessors.
As you say

Emissions Scandal: All Cars Exceed UK Limits

61 - 78 of 78 Posts