Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not 100% sure main oil seal inside the gearbox, shaft to clutch i think is leaking how easy are they to change once the box is out , if there are any links videos around it would help , i had a quick look but cant find any

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,453 Posts
If it;'s like the Ford Ron, then once CSS is removed its directly behind it
These just push in
Just put the grease inside to hold that stupid spring in place

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Think there was a vosa recall for V50 boxes. Slave was implicted mainly but came across a few who got a lot more done besides when the dealers took the boxes out. Might have been the six speed only?

·
6,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
being its that cold time of year i will monitor it for a while just topped it up with 1lr of oil and going on a 350 mile run thur/friday so the w/end will top it up again to see how much its lost , not got any drips over night when parked up but noticed a while back a small amount at the drain hole on the bell housing , not engine oil its too clean and has that geabox oil smell , will update next week plus if it totally fails theirs always the AA (y)

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,453 Posts
Thats a lot

1 litre of oil would show up Ron
Nowhere for it to hide,
Not had a clutch in has it, and not topped up correctly
I get this often when doing a service,

·
6,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a bit weird i changed the oil 3-4 mths ago did some searching found it takes 1.7L i think of oil , but when i had finished i was reading some other links saying like older type boxs top up untill it drips back out again so just possible it was x amount short anyway , when i drained the old oil out it had about 1.6L . when i topped it up yesterday it took 850ml to be more spot on , so my thinking is after this long run see how much it takes to top up so i know if i can run it untill it gets a bit warmer out side or i had to freeze my nuts off , knowing my luck the nuts side :cry:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts