Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi if iam on the forum on my home PC i can vote as normal when members put up voted post and whats like,and when using the home PC the forum registers my hours ie time on the forum, WHY is it when iam on my laptop i can then vote again on a post i have already voted on and WHY is it when on my laptop the forum is not picking me up as to how many hours iam on ect ect:steam: :(

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
Hi if iam on the forum on my home PC i can vote as normal when members put up voted post and whats like,and when using the home PC the forum registers my hours ie time on the forum, WHY is it when iam on my laptop i can then vote again on a post i have already voted on and WHY is it when on my laptop the forum is not picking me up as to how many hours iam on ect ect:steam: :(
Is it possible you are using two different log ins donald?

If i log in at work, home or anywhere else for that matter - all my info stays the same.

I don't suppose it could possibly be something to do with c-cleaner?? :crazy:

·
Administrator
21,710 Posts
Hi Donald.

Its all to do with session / browser cookies. These cookies track your web access on websites and also save details such as votes etc.

The cookies are stored on the hard drive of the computer that you are using at the time, so you will have one for this site on each computer that will be different.

cheers

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it possible you are using two different log ins donald?

If i log in at work, home or anywhere else for that matter - all my info stays the same.

I don't suppose it could possibly be something to do with c-cleaner?? :crazy:
Hi sb:confused: :confused: Both PC's log me in as Donald and my password is the same but for the c cleaner? what is this sorry PC's not my strong point

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Donald.

Its all to do with session / browser cookies. These cookies track your web access on websites and also save details such as votes etc.

The cookies are stored on the hard drive of the computer that you are using at the time, so you will have one for this site on each computer that will be different.

cheers
Thanks Dave, oh dear can this be changed?

·
Administrator
21,710 Posts
Afraid not. I suppose the solution would be to only use one computer when visiting this forum.

If it helps any I've got the same issue.

Sorry.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Afraid not. I suppose the solution would be to only use one computer when visiting this forum.

If it helps any I've got the same issue.

Sorry.
Oh dear not so good would it be possible that the laptop iam using is not showing my time on the forum at all,but if it is thanks for your help Dave.

·
Administrator
21,710 Posts
Just a thought Donald, but are both computers using the same operating system (Windows XP etc) and the same web browser (Microsoft Internet Explorer, and are they the same version ?

Might be one too look at as I know that certain websites have a problem with no MS Internet Explorer web browsers.

Computers dont half go wrong for no reason, I should now I work in I.T. for a living ! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:d Right the home PC is windows XP and iam using BT Broadband Total Home Hub on fast ethernet and the laptop is Windows Vista on wireless through the homehub???

·
Administrator
21,710 Posts
Aha - there you go.

The PC on Vista will be using Internet Explorer 7 and the PC on Windows XP will be using Internet Explorer 6. This site will have been written with 6 in mind (no doubt), so some if its features wont work on IE7.

Not sure how Vista works with cookies etc as Ive not had much exposure to it myself.

:)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aha - there you go.

The PC on Vista will be using Internet Explorer 7 and the PC on Windows XP will be using Internet Explorer 6. This site will have been written with 6 in mind (no doubt), so some if its features wont work on IE7.

Not sure how Vista works with cookies etc as Ive not had much exposure to it myself.

:)
Super work Dave making a bit of headway on this thanks for your help Donald.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have also wondered why iam not on the top 20 board iam always on it from i came on the this forum:mad: :steam: ****** off

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe you'll just have to stick to the one pc then hun :(
Hi sb looks this way,i think this going to hard as the daughter has took ownership since i have been using the laptop:d so the chances of getting me ars* back at its seat are not good:d

1 - 17 of 17 Posts