Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i have a question my 2001 laguna 1.9dci tourer steering seems really off, its pulling to the left and in the wet its not holdin the road too well at all particularly on right hand bends. tyres and pressures seem ok but i have heard a slight knock evey now and again and it skips over bumps like a kangaroo. Any ideas this is my first renault so not sure how they behave. thanks:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Sounds like something is worn or possibly broken....

Check the bottom ball joints on the front as they are prone to wear,also check the coil springs are all complete and not snapped.Also,check the rear axle mounts for wear....

The main cause of a pull one way or the other is a biased tyre,so if everything on the suspension seems OK,swap the tyres side to side on the front(if their not directional),or from front to rear.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
check

thanks for the replies, i will get under tomorow and have a good look around see if anythin broken. wheels not out of balance but not had tracking done but will look for obvious first, will let you know:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Laguna Dangerous pulling on acceleration

I would be interested to hear if you have found the cure. We have the same problem & main dealer cannot diagnose. Have just replaced a broken spring which did not fix it. Help!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks i will also have a look at that but as yet not found anything but oddly enough seems worse in reverse

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have had it checked, mine also pulled to the right when accelerating, with both wheels off the ground we were checking for bearing wear etc when mate noticed alarming wear in the n/s steering rack. If you take a hold of the wheel and jerk it quickly left and right there should be a slight very slight movement from the cv joint but mine moving a goodbit each way, not the same on the offside and have never felt any slack while driving but seems the rack fills with fluid so takes up the play. its going into a garage for second opinion on monday but i feel an expensive repair is going to follow. Been quoted nearly 300 for the rack then fitting. Anyone else got any ideas on what else to replace while in bits if anything ???? Thanks hope this helps

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ive had this sounds exactly same problem i had with my laguna sport tourer, it was down to the front bottom arm rubber bushes worn and under power the wheel moves backward and caused major pulling towards that side, i replaced the lower arm complete and that instantly sorted the problem, few months later the other side did same, beware DO NOT use patern bottom arms there rubbish, only replace with renaults guinune part.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hold on hold on

Ok so first guy that checked it out said steering rack ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ turns out that was nonsense i thought i would take it to independant garage for second opinion after reading problems on here and it turns out both bottom ball joints hanging out metal to metal and a track rod end worn also!!!. the good news is rack fine so not so expensive after all. thats whats causing the torque steer and cluncking, thanks for all the advice on this everyone, its to be fixed tue of this week so will let you know the outcome cheers thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts