Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya im new to this so excuse me if im not doing this right.

i have a 2001 megane cabriolet 1.6 dynamique i have had it for about a year and a half and not had to many problems with it.

that is until tonight.
was driving to my friends house and car started juddering and sounding like it wanted to cut out. it started to smell a bit like rotten eggs and the warning light for monitoring exhaust gas kept flashing on and off. i turned car off and restarted it and it came back on again. anyway i managed to get to my friends house (which was only just a bit further down) and took her car and left it there.
anyone have any idea what it could be thats the problem
many thanks
sarah
xx

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Sarah. Sounds like either a faulty oxygen sensor or a faulty coil pack. Either way it needs sorting before danage is caused to the cat. Is the car still under warrenty? If so arrange for your dealer to carry out a diagnostic and repair, if not a good autoelectrician can do a diagnostic for a lot less than Renault.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hiya. thanks for the replies
filled up at asda yesterday but did about 20 odd miles b4 this happened so cant be that can it.
been to my mates today and started car up and smell has gone but it sounds like an old shape vw beetle.
cant get my mechanic out to it till sunday so im carless till then. trust it to break down while we are having nice weather. typical. lol
sarah
xx

·
Registered
1 Posts
hiya im new to this so excuse me if im not doing this right.

i have a 2001 megane cabriolet 1.6 dynamique i have had it for about a year and a half and not had to many problems with it.

that is until tonight.
was driving to my friends house and car started juddering and sounding like it wanted to cut out. it started to smell a bit like rotten eggs and the warning light for monitoring exhaust gas kept flashing on and off. i turned car off and restarted it and it came back on again. anyway i managed to get to my friends house (which was only just a bit further down) and took her car and left it there.
anyone have any idea what it could be thats the problem
many thanks
sarah
xx
Hi Sarah, I now have an identical problem with my Megane Cabrio - the engine is juddering as if about to cut out, the exhaust monitoring light is flashing, I think the revs may also have dropped slightly. What turned out to be the problem with your car? Which parts if any did you have replaced? Thanks, Kris

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Sarah, I now have an identical problem with my Megane Cabrio - the engine is juddering as if about to cut out, the exhaust monitoring light is flashing, I think the revs may also have dropped slightly. What turned out to be the problem with your car? Which parts if any did you have replaced? Thanks, Kris
did you find out what was up with your car

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2005 Kangoo 1.6 has the same problem - has anybody figured out the cause? I would be really interested to know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts