Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have an 02 maeganne figi and today the gear stick wobbles when stationary and when i first pull away it sounds like a vw beetle!!.it seems to have lost some power to and just on the way home the warning light in the rev counter section next to the abs warning light has come on it stays on permanently please help and please tell me it wont be expensive!!!!thanks lizzie:eek:

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

If your car is a 16 valve petrol then it sounds like you have at least one failed pencil coil.They aren't expensive,aftermarket ones of decent quality are available for £30-ish each,it's advisable to change the spark plugs at the same time too if they haven't been done recently.The coils are only a 5 minute job to replace so you shouldn't be looking at a huge bill.:)

·
Super Moderator
9,207 Posts
£15 for an Intermotor one from Sutton Auto Factors / Andrew Page in Notts. Easy DIY job. This fault is legendary, the last Scenic we bought, came with a new spare in the boot.
May need an ECU reset, ours did, average garage cost £20 or buy an ELC 327 OBD adaptor from ebay £14 & a laptop if you have one, saved £7 already?
Do a forum search, IIRC there is a thread with pictures.
HTH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.