Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this site, have read loads of recommendations about what a great site it is and what a friendly and helpful lot your are so please can you help me.
My son set off to work this morning in our clio dynamique, car had no power and the yellow preheating/electronic fault or water in diesel warning light came on (its petrol) so he came home.
I've driven it a little, power seems ok, the other light isnt on now but the yellow toxic fume monitoring light is staying on! Hubby has taken son to work so its down to me to work out what next. We've got a great mechanic who works on the cars but he's not available at weekends, can anyone help diagnose and is there anything to gain by calling out the breakdown service. Many thanks for your time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks chris m for your guidance, I'm gradually finding my way round the site and exploring all the great options for getting information, its brilliant! Everyone is so friendly too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well folks Ive managed to speak to my trusty mechanic (doesnt work weekends just answering his phone) and I have to ring back on Monday to arrange for him to scan for fault. What I'm not clear about and forgot to ask is with the Toxic Fume warning light still on should I not drive it to meet him. Other posts I have explored suggest the catalytic converter may be involved and I don't want to cause more damage, however the some posts also say the light may go out if car left idle for few days. The Preheating/Electronic Fault/Water in Diesel light (mines petrol) is no longer lit. Hope you don't think I'm pestering, I'm just ignorant on cars and the men of the household rely on Tony (mechanic) too! I'm just trying to rule things out. The information on the site and support from you all is fantastic, thankyou so much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Bonedavid for your nice welcome and for moving me, I got carried away with my problem not realising I was only meant to introduce myself where I was. Im really enjoying the site and finding everyone so helpful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now I'm confused. Just checked the car after leaving it alone all day yesterday and the toxic warning light has gone out! Can anyone tell me please given what I described in my first post are we looking at coil failure and is this intermittent at first because everything seems back to normal now, don't know whether to try driving it? I will still be having it checked as soon as my mechanic can get to me. I would so appreciate any thoughts, thankyou.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top