Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have had some problems with my A/C in my Renault Captur.
Up until now the car was under warranty, but it just went out of warranty last month.
The thing is that the last service to the A/C was done 2 months ago, and now it is faulty again.
I contacted the garage to get it fixed again, I assumed that even though the car is out of warranty, there should be some warranty on the service that was done
What they wrote to me was:
"During the warranty period all spares (changed through warranty) are paid by the brand and the warranty of that spare ends once the 2 year warranty expires. When a spare is paid by the client then that particular spare has a warranty period of 1 year."

Does that make sense? Note that this is an official Renault garage.
Do Renault garages have some policy on such issues?

Thanks

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,226 Posts
Unfortunately, having been caught out by this in the past, it is the way they work, as mentioned, during the warranty period, any work that is carries out under warranty you will generally not get any paperwork for you to prove that work was carried out and the warranty for that fitted part only extends to original warranty of the vehicle, any work you have paid for automatically by law gets a 12 month warranty as minimum.

you could always try this to scare a response out of them

https://www.renaultforums.co.uk/23-general-chat/567641-letter-complaint.html

·
Premium Member
3,615 Posts
They may be correct (you didn't say what they replaced) but if they replaced a part under warranty then you have a right to assume they fitted (correctly) a new and serviceable part that should not fail in a couple of months. If you can show they didn't do a proper job at the time, you have a good case to complain, regardless of their warranty. A warranty is only a contract offered by the manufacturer/agent. It doesn't take away your rights to have a proper job done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both for answering - this seems like an "easy way out" for garages who didn't do their job.
I know that I'm entitled to get a proper service, the issue is that I will need to prove it is indeed the exact same problem.
I might call up Renault phone line to see what they have to say.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts