Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a very odd thing recently.

After heavy rain, when closing the door, or breaking heavily, I can hear water sloshing about in the drivers side door! When opening the door, I can see water slowly dripping out of the bottom rubber trim. After a while, all the water drains out, and it's fine, until it rains again, and recently, there's been a LOT of rain.

I've checked all round the door to see where the water is getting in, but can't obviously see anything. It guess it would have to be in the door itself for this to happen, but none of the rubber trim *appears* to have perished, and the door still seems sealed all round.

As water couldn't get in from the bottom, it has to be on the top or the sides of the door, but nothings obvious.

Anyone heard of this before?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Rain will get in between the window and window rubber, As for the door having water in it are the drain holes in the door base clear, I would say not, Use a piece of wire or something thin to clear them.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Yep,Richards spot on.:)

All door window seals will allow a certain amount of water to run into the door,this is perfectly normal.:).As Richard says,check the drains along the bottom edge of the door for blockages.If you can't get wire through the holes I'd try and find someone with a compressor and blow compressed air through them to remove any debris.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts